Jamie was born October 14th, 1969 in the Australian Gold Mining town of Gympie, Queensland.
The son of a Radio man, Jamie moved to Brisbane as a toddler where he made his media debut on Radio at the age of 4 and completed his formal education. Whilst completing his senior year at High School Jamie simultaneously graduated from the Australian Institute of Radio & Television’s 1 year diploma course.
He then worked variously for radio station 4BC, a business machines company, as a legal office clerk, office boy for Sony Music, and nightclub DJ, before moving to Sydney at the age of 20 to work in the promotions department of Radio Station 2UW for a year. While there he met a like minded talent and was picked up by Gold Coast Radio Station Sea FM as a night time duo which went on to receive a National Radio Award, was profiled heavily by local TV & Newspapers, and also uncovered a scam artist in a story covered on 3 occasions by the 9 Network Australia’s National nightly program, “A Current Affair”.
He then spent the next 6 years at Triple M FM in Brisbane, during which time he also hosted a Motor Show on Local Television, before retiring from radio.
He was picked up by Disney Channel Australia as their main image voice and headed off to Singapore where he was also contracted to provide the main voice for Disney Channels for Asia and The Middle East, both in North American Accent.
Since arriving in Singapore in 1998 Jamie has come to be recognized as one of the region’s premier voice actors in animation, commercials, and promos, and makes his living as Singapore’s only true fulltime voice acting professional.
Whilst in Singapore Jamie was lured back to Breakfast Radio for a year co-hosting “The Morning Express” on Class 95 with Petrina Kow and The Flying Dutchman, and has become a character voice mainstay for the fledgling Singaporean Animation Industry. Jamie lent his talents to voicing approximately 70% of all the male characters in the only 2 Singapore based animated series to make it on air thus far, “Tomato Twins” and “Little Tao Shu”, both from Singapore’s Peach Blossom Media, one episode of which featured an amazing 7 characters all voiced by him!
Jamie is also a gifted writer, working in radio, television animation, interstitials, series, and kids’ shows. He penned screenplays for a full length animated feature and the TV series pilot of “Ghost Hunter Dax”, a new animated series being produced by Canada’s “Mainframe Entertainment” and Singapore’s “Infinite Frameworks” for Singapore based “Studio Bizarro” whom he also wrote 30 episodes of the children’s TV series “Planet Bizarro – The World According to Zoomer” for, and of course he’s been helping re-write other people’s scripts on the fly while in the VO booth for years!
- Senior Certificate Kelvin Grove High School. Arts skewed course included 4 years of “Speech & Drama” and “Production & Performance” (television/film based production/acting course)
- Graduate Australian Institute of Radio and Television. (AIR-TV)
- Sea FM Gold Coast, Nights, 1 year
- Triple M FM Brisbane, Breakfast, Nights, Drive, 6 years
- Class 95 FM Singapore, Breakfast, 1 year
- AMF Bowling, 30sec TV Spot, “Crazy Bowling Guy” & Voiceover
- Canon “PictBridge” Campaign 30sec TV spot & Print Ads
- “Brown is the new Black” Indie Short, “Bouncer”, Singapore
Character Voice Work:
- Voice Matching demos for Australian Characters in "Finding Nemo", Disney Character Voices, Burbank, California, USA.
- 500+ Various Character based Interstitials/Promos for Walt Disney Television, Singapore.
- Dubbing 500+ episodes of Various Japanese Anime into English.
- “Tomato Twins” Original animation series as Dad, Kat Pestrophe, Prince E. Derm, Seth Avocado, Jim Bob Superjam, Billy Buzzed Javaman, and many additional voices, Peach Blossom Media, Singapore.
- “Little Tao Shu” Original animation series as Dad, Lu Ban, Old Man Yu, Uncle Wu, Monk, and many additional voices, Peach Blossom Media, Singapore.
- “D.N.A.” Original Animation Pilot, Multiple characters, Dream Forest Productions, Singapore.
- “Three Feet Apart” Original Animation Pilot, Multiple Characters, Oak3 Films, Singapore.
- “Master Raindrop” Original Animation Pilot, Multiple Characters, Big Communications, Singapore.
- “New York Animation Festival Bronze Award Winner”, “Ratty!” Animated Presentation for Singapore Discovery Centre.
- “CPU” Animated Presentation for Singapore Discovery Centre.
- “Chef Marcel” for a one year long Delifrance Radio Campaign with “The Flying Dutchman” and Petrina Kow.
- “Mr. Softee”, animated 711 Campaign.
- “Gordon the Gecko”, animated M1 Campaign.
- 50+ Animated Local & International Television Commercials.
- MTV Asia “Kung Fu Crazy” Comedy spot.
Commercial Voiceover Clients:
- Pizza Hut
- Development Bank of Singapore
- OCBC (Banking & Finance)
- The Asian Wall Street Journal
- Tiger Beer
- Mercedes Benz
And many more...
Promo Voiceover Clients:
- Disney Channel Australia (Australian Accent)
- Disney Channel Asia (American Accent)
- Disney Channel Middle East (American Accent)
- CNBC Asia/Australia
- MGM Asia
- AXN Asia/India
- MTV Asia/India
- Channel V Australia
- MediaCorp Channels 5 – 8 – 12 - Suria
- Mediaworks Channel I
- ESPN Asia/India
- Star Sports Asia/India
- Animal Planet
- Singapore Cable Vision
Narration (Straight AND Character):
- “Fat to Fit” TV Series, The Moving Visuals Company, Singapore
- “Behind the Ears” Interstitial Series, Walt Disney Television
- “Hidden Mickeys” Interstitial Series, Walt Disney Television
- “Hidden Mickeys Around The World” Interstitial Series, Walt Disney Television
- “The Toon World’s Most Incredible Videos” Interstitial Series, Walt Disney Television
- “Dr. Ooz”, The Singapore Zoo Tram Ride Attraction (writer also)
- Canon “Digital IXUS” Product Launch Corporate
- Del Monte Corporate
- Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore Planning for the Future
- 2004: “Ghost Hunter Dax: The Land of Shadows” Animated Feature, Screenplay, Studio Bizarro, Singapore.
- 2005: 30 x 11 min episodes “The World According To Zoomer” Animation/Live Action/Puppet series, Studio Bizarro, Singapore.
- 2005: “U Pick Live” Wild Mama TV Singapore for Nickelodeon Asia.
- 2005: 4 x 24 min episodes “High On A Hill”, Kids 3-7, Wild Mama TV Singapore for Mediacorp TV12.
- 2004 - Ongoing: “Ghost Hunter Dax” TV Series, Pilot, Studio Bizarro, Singapore.
- 2004 - Ongoing: “Space Clowns” TV Series, Pilot, Studio Bizarro, Singapore.
- 2003 – 2004: 60 x 2 hour Episodes, Disney Channel Asia’s Number 1 Rated Saturday & Sunday Morning Kids Show “Studio Disney”, Walt Disney Television International.
- 2001 – Ongoing: 52 Episodes “Hidden Mickey’s Around The World”, Interstitial Series, Walt Disney Television International.
- 2001 – Ongoing: 24 Episodes “The Toon World’s Most Incredible Videos” Interstitial Series, Writer/Creator, Walt Disney Television International.
- 1999 – 2003: approx. 4,200+ scripts, Head Writer Voice Continuity for Disney Channel Asia. Walt Disney Television International.
- 1998 – 2004: approx. 7,000+ scripts, Head Writer Voice Continuity for Disney Channel Australia. Walt Disney Television International.
- 2001 – 2002: Comedy Writer/Anchor “The Morning Express”. Class 95FM MediaCorp Radio, Singapore.
- 1996-1998: Head Writer/Co-Creator/Co-Host “The Rubber Room” nightly radio show. Triple M Network, Australia.
- 1994-1995: Writer/Producer/Personality “The Rob Elliot Breakfast Show”. Triple M Network, Australia.
- 1991-1994: Head Writer/Co-Creator/Co-Host “The Budskis”. National Award Winning nightly radio show. Sea FM Gold Coast/ Triple M Network, Australia.
- 2005: Singapore “Zoo Express” Tram Ride Attraction Narration (performed Voiceover also)